• Shy Davis

I'll Show You Mines if You Show Me Yours.

It all started out in the closet. It was dark and we were both a little nervous. He reached for his…nahhhh just messing with you! LOL! Hi folks, how are ya? Well most of you may know that I had a lovely lovely vacation back in December. I left from New York to Jamaica, Jamaica to Trinidad, Trinidad to Tobago, Tobago to Trinidad and then back to New York. It was two weeks of fun and relaxation. Some hiccups but we didn’t allow it to ruin our fun. This is how it really started: I was on the phone with Marshall last year February. I was telling him I missed Trinidad and he was saying he wanted to take a vacation that year. I of course suggested Trinidad but we were there in 2013 and he didn’t want to go back so soon. I totally understand. I don’t like visiting Jamaica often because I’m from there. Too many other places to see. He felt the same way. A few people were in my ears about flying to see my dad asap but I honestly didn’t see the need to. I figure I’ll see him later in the year. I remembered that I promised Marshall I would take him to Jamaica. I asked him about Jamaica and he said sure! The only problem was, I really didn’t feel like going. I was down there in 2012 and I didn’t see what difference me flying down would do. I really really wanted to go to Trinidad. Well, specifically Tobago. My last trip to Tobago was less than a day and since I’m fantasizing about retiring there I figure I should spend a little bit more time there and get a feel of the land. Ugghh, Jamaica, Trinidad, why do we have to choose? I asked Marshall what about going to both places? He said if the price was right no problem. I immediately checked airfares and saw that going to Trinidad and then Jamaica was very costly. However, the other way around was a lot cheaper, $959 to be exact. That sounded much doable so we booked it! Seven days in Jamaica, three and half days in Trinidad and the remaining in Tobago. Sweet! I wanted to be in Tobago for my birthday but with this arrangement I would be in Jamaica. No biggie. Land of my birth on my birthday, no problem. As long as I’m not in NY for my birthday I’m fine with it.

I’m trying something new, where I’m just going to post the pics from my trip with some pics having captions. I will like to give you a little background though. We arrived first in Jamaica on Tuesday morning on 12/16. We stayed at my aunt’s house in Portmore. That day we did a lot of shopping with my dad. He asked for a table, chairs, and jeans pants so we went shopping. My dad picked up my eldest brother. His first child. I don’t remember him much but I do remember that he was nice to me the few times I saw him as a baby. I had some things for my grandmother so I went to see her. I bawled like a baby on my dad’s shoulder after seeing how being sick has withered her. I got to see the new place my dad is living that I’m paying for monthly and I like it. Just seeing how less stressed he is knowing that his rent is paid and that he has a nice place and in a good neighborhood made me feel good. He of course profusely thanks me for taking care of him, but hey what are daughters for?

My dad had asked for a blender to make juice and Marshall pointed out that he probably meant a juicer. I was going to give him the one I owned that’s by my mother’s house that I’m not using but my mom pointed out that it would be too complex for him. So, she gave me one of the three she owned to give to him which only had one button that allowed the machine to turn on and off. Simple enough. Before we left for the bus to Negril, I taught him how to use it.

The next day we took the Knutsford Express bus to Negril where we stayed at the lovely Negril Treehouse Resort for five days.

While there we went to Blue hole and to Rick’s Café. At Blue Hole one of the young tour guides gave me a massage with the residue of the limestone that’s in the Hole. I asked him if he attended massage school and he said no. I commended him on his natural abilities and gave him a tip or two and also encouraged him to think about massage therapy as he have the talent for it. At the resort our mornings were spent walking on the beach together enjoying the sunrise and now and again a dip in the water all before breakfast. After breakfast we either lounged on the beach or stayed in watching television. I’m not one to stay in my room while on vacation but the bed and linens were so comfortable and Marshall is really good company and so we watched the Discovery channel and Animal Planet until it was time for dinner. #Lazybums.

We took the bus back to Portmore and we were picked up by my dad who arranged a family dinner. He wanted me to meet the children he had after me. Only two of the five children could make it. I mentioned before that my father have nine children right? Only two of us helps out. Moving on. Dinner was held at my sister, D’s house. I was excited to meet her daughter as we had begun texting each other earlier in the year. It turned out to be a big family event because my eldest brother Linden brought his children and grandchildren to dinner. The food and company was good and it was a pleasure meeting everyone. I had a lot of fun playing loodie with my younger sisters and niece. My sister, Candice is a BEAST at the game! I was glad to be on her good side during the game. Her attitude reminds me a lot of Ms. Royalty because she’s very raw with her words and Marshall and I would just burst out cackling wondering if we really heard right. Brittany is more quiet and I love that my niece G, although the youngest of us held her ground well against my sisters. I smiled inwardly at that. The next day, it was time for Trinidad.

Marshall’s dad picked us up from the airport and we stayed at his place. We have a room there…well Marshall has a room there…blah, WE have a room there (yep I’m staking claim. *sticks tongue out at Marshall*). The bathroom in our room was ready for us. This saddened me, because it meant not using daddy’s bathroom. You remember the pic I posted of his bathroom? It’s so lovely! Nevertheless, he did an awesome job with our bathroom.

I enjoyed listening to the birds sing and being on the balcony looking out at all the trees. The banana leaf from last time leaned over to say hi to me just like the last time. It rained a few times and it was just music to my ears. We left for Tobago on Christmas. It was just a fifteen minutes flight but it was almost an hour drive to Castara. We stayed at Alibaba Sea Breeze and it was GORGEOUS! We were right on the water and the ocean’s voice was melodious and it put me right to sleep each time. I stayed in bed a lot. The ongoing joke was Marshall constantly trying to drag me out of bed or trying to turn me over to check if I have bedsores. I totally fought him off but he of course always won. The man is strong. :-/. I won’t lie. I like the fact that I weigh more than him and he can handle me as if I weigh no more than a five pound bag of red potatoes. Disheartening but sexy. We explored the area a bit and boy, climbing those hills were no joke! We returned back to Trinidad on the 29th. Marshall fried the very large snappers that daddy (his father) got for me and I sat and watched. The next day was all about packing and leaving our oasis. It was a great two weeks. I loved seeing how much better my dad looked than the last time I saw him. He doesn’t have to worry about rent and I send Reiki to him once a week so that’s keeping him going. He even drives fast now. Complete improvement from the last time and I’m thankful that I’m in a position to help. Is it hard? Yes. There are times when I get very upset at the fact that he has three older children and only myself and D helps. There are times when I count how many things I could be doing with that money but then I just have to let it go. Seeing him so much better and even having a little tummy made it worthwhile. I’m going to try and visit every two years just to lay my eyes on him. I realized that he likes when I visit so I’ll put some effort into that. Next time the girls want to come so GIRLS TRIP! LOL. Marshal was awesome as usual. I barely lifted a finger and I wasn’t in want of anything. I got my feet rubbed whenever I asked, I stayed in bed and had things handed to me and when we were by his dad my meals were taken care of. I was in want of nothing. Granted he got on my nerves a few times and I had to just give him a look, breathe and walk away but that only happened a few times during the fourteen days. He made me laugh and he’s just so comfortable to be around. I guess that’s why he’s my best male friend and still 1/3 of my heartbeat (Munchkin and my dad are the other two). My grandmother died the day I arrived in Trinidad. I was happy I was able to see her before she passed. Reminded me of my great-grandmother. She was ill and we went to visit her. It was my first time meeting her and one week later she died. Same thing with my grandmother. I remember both their smiles and I’m happy to have seen them before their ascension. It’s like Nikole said, they waited for one of their babies to come. They both lived a very good life and their strength lives on in us. Well I hope you enjoy the pictures. I still owe you folks the pics from my DR trip but I promise I’m going to post them. I’ve already booked (Cash only. I’m keeping strong with my debt free campaign) Las Vegas for the girl’s birthdays and I’m currently working on Hawaii for my 30th. Where are you planning to vacation or visit this year? Maybe you’ve already taken a few trips since the year started. Where did you go? Drop me a comment below. I’ll love to know. Also, tag (@ ShyDavis on FB) me on your vacation pictures. I would love to see all the fun that you’re having. Stay Blessed and have a lovely President’s Day!

Featured Posts
Recent Posts
Search By Tags